What we did in Key West, photos speak for themselves:
In Santa Fe we bonded with the town, it's adobe buildings, friendly people and sunshine.
Then it was off to Whistler where we quickly found that all chair lifts/gondolas which go up the mountain close in October for renovation to get ready for the skiers, so we had to go up the mountain in an open top Jeep, which was great fun. Saw some preparations for the upcoming winter Olympics, but no bears, which was a shame. Had my first real Halloween event at Tapley Farm in Whistler where they really make an effort, even Dawn with all her previous years of Halloween experiences was impressed. Some of the decoration of the houses was really scary, but I kept my English stiff upper lip....
Now we're in cold, dark, very damp Seattle (no photos as it is too depressing) where Dawn had the joy of voting for the next President along with Dominique, with no conflict I believe. The constant rain (Dawn insists that some days it is not rain, only showers; something to do with the height of the clouds!!!) is giving us time to catch up with some of our personal activities, like building a house in NZ by email and figuring out how to get Dawn's 92 year old Grandmother from Portland to Seattle to Kauai (without mishap) for the four generation Thanksgiving celebration. Oh yes, and making the arrangements for the wedding, for which we now have the dates set, 16th May 2009 in Seattle (bring your umbrella/mackintosh) and 24th May 2009 in London (glorious sunshine predicted....).
Well, that's about it for now, I'm going to search the Internet to see if the sun has ever shone in Seattle. Sorry to Dawn's friends that I have been doing the blog recently, but I'm sure you'll understand just how much time buying a dress, shoes etc can take.
If people want to respond we'd love to hear your news, me especially as it will give me something to do while I sit with my blanket in front of the fire.
With a fond squelch from Brian and Dawn
No comments:
Post a Comment